LIVE Webinar: April 19th, 2017 @ 8pm
Applicable for self help and mental health professionals.
(1.5 Live event, continuing education contact hours for LCATs in New York State.)
In this course, we will explore mindfulness-based practices in treatment, using the Heart Chakra as a frame for understanding the impact of energetic imbalances in the body. We will explore how these imbalances create limiting beliefs that perpetuate unhealthy patterns of living and loving, in adulthood.
Specifically, we will debunk three commonly held beliefs:
- "The perfect romantic partner will make me happy."
- "Good relationships shouldn’t be hard."
- "If I allow myself to experience my feelings I will spin out of control."
These myths and their concordant "truths" will be examined in the context of attachment theory, as well as shamanistic approaches to energy healing.
Participants of this event will be able to identify the following on a multiple choice quiz and learning assessment, which will be part of the course evaluation:
- Identify the shadow aspect of the Heart Chakra.
- Identify at least two observable behaviors of someone experiencing Heart Chakra imbalances.
- Identify one guided meditation that may be used in working with Heart Chakra imbalances.
This will be a live webinar event, open to questions, comments and discussion with participants.